|Photo Credit to HBO.|
If you have followed my blog for awhile, then you know I am a True Blood fanatic. No doubt about it. I started with the Sookie Stackhouse novels and then the show, which are completely different. The characters on the show are fab, and a VERY popular Halloween option these days. What caught my eye lately? Jessica (played by Deborah Ann Woll ) as Little Red Riding Hood in the season finale. Check out the clip below.
Wow right? If you want to channel this look, then here's my take on it!
Channeling Jessica from True Blood as Little Red Riding Hood
-Gold/Black Smoky Eye
-Glowing Pale Skin
-Defined Brows-Long Lashes
1) I applied my face makeup as usual, although I am having some eczema issues so my skin is dryer than usual. I went with foundation I already have in a shade 1-2 lighter than my current. Use ELF HD Powder to set your look to perfection, it is super fine and makes your skin look smooth.
3) To begin the smoky eye, I used my Physicians Formula Gel Liner and applied to both inner and outer lids. Come up to make a point on the end. It doesn't need to be perfect, you'll have to touch it up at the end, but have your basics in line.
5) I then took my Blackened Gold (for swatches of this collection click HERE) from The Body Needs. This is my favorite collection from TBN for obvious reasons, they're gorgeous. Anyways Blackened Gold should be brought from lashline to crease, blending out and up. You don't need a lot for the effect, it too is well pigmented and the gold and black is what you're looking for.Also, take this in the outer corners of your lower lashline.
6) Take the MATTE black shade from the Wet N Wild 8 Color Palette in "Blue Had Me at Hello" to do a powder eyeliner. Be careful not to go all the way to your inner corner, we'll be adding a highlight to brighten up that look next.
8) Apply mascara as desired. I have been using my Falsies from Maybelline. I think it does a good job blending my acutal falsies and natural lashes as well. If you're applying falsies, make sure you don't go too heavy on this step so you can blend them better.
9) Apply your false lashes. My lash of choice lately are from KK Center and are ES 10 Pairs of Criss Cross Lashes but remember to trim your ends or you'll end up looking crazy! For 10% off, enter the code BLGB462ST10 which will remain good until February 28th, 2012. This makes each pair of lashes around 55 cents and I reuse them. Apply mascara to both your real and false lashes to blend together. I like the criss cross ones for dramatic looks because they give me an awesome fullness to the base of my lashes. It looks a little uneven when my eyes are closed but that's because due to a medical condition I have lost the lashes in my outer corner of that right eye. :( For the super dramatic feather lashes in my umpkinette Look from KK Center HK, CLICK HERE!
10) Apply highlighter to both cheeks and top of lips on the cupid's bow. My choice is ELF Highlight Stick in Spotlight, a lovely pearly white. I didn't apply blush because I already have a pink undertone.
Now you're done!
Now you're ready to pop in Fangs if desired!
Want a bonus? Check out a few pictures of some of my other favorite little red riding hood looks in the next post!
Are YOU participating in Polish Insomniac's Halloween Link Party?Click here to join!