Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Wet n Wild Renewed: Original & Redone Private Viewing Comparison

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wet n Wild Renewed: Original & Redone Private Viewing Comparison

Comparisons tell me a lot about a product, especially when its the same shade. Here we have the original WnW Megalast Nail Color in "Private Viewing" as well as the repackaged one. I picked up 4 of the new collection as well, see the last picture for all 4.

Original Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Private Viewing 3 coats


New Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Private Viewing 2 coats

Thoughts: There is definitely a huge different in both of these polishes! I don't know how visible it is in photos necessarily, so I'll try to be specific.  The original formula is much thinner, thus the extra coat compared with the new. I felt the original was sheer, but buildable & left a nice shine. It was almost a jelly which I loved. Then 2 coats of the new didn't leave me with the shine I was hoping for unfortunately. Its much thicker and took longer to apply leading to a bit longer dry time.

The amounts on the bottles are even different, the original has 0.3 fl oz while the new has 0.45 fl oz. More bang for your buck & in my opinion, much better packaging. I like the new bottle shape & I like that its not as short & round as the original.

Let's get into brushes. So the original had kind of a lame brush according to some, but I loved it. It wasn't too thick & was actually pretty soft. I think it was overall a great bargain. The new brush is completely different. They went onto the new nail polish brush trend, the wide & flat. But I'm talking WIDE. Like, woah. My little nails had some issues, it'll take me some work to get used to it.

Overall, I like them both & I really like the redesign. I had picked up some of the original shades I couldn't get to build up enough, so I'm glad its thickened. As for one of my favorite nudes, Private Viewing holds its own in both bottles. The new version is on new displays now while the older version can be seen at very few locations for as low as 60 cents!

Note that the shimmer that my camera picks up does NOT show up on your nail. This is definitely a beige/nude creme with a rose base.

All 4 I picked up left to right: Private Viewing, Disturbia, Wet Cement, & I Need A Refresh-Mint.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much. http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    -Cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good color taste!! I just got an online order delivered and wanted to see what other people's opinions on the colors that I ordered and found your blog and I also got 4 of the new redesigned bottles and three of the colors are the same! I need a refresh-mint, wet cement and private viewing :D so weird, (also got grey's anatomy with is gorgeous but completely sheer) had to comment because it was such a coincidence :) love your blog :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have a love of grays but for some reason passed on that! Guess I'm glad I did! Thanks so much, hope you'll follow! It sounds like we have a lot in common!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips