Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: BlogHer: My Artist's Way Toolkit Review

Thursday, June 14, 2012

BlogHer: My Artist's Way Toolkit Review

Growing up, I was always convinced I would do something with writing. I'm proud to say I have with this blog & other writing gigs. I must admit, sometimes I really miss sitting down & writing short stories or even long ones. I love the idea of still doing it, but I simply haven't made the time. Honestly I think I forget sometimes that I have different forms of creativity that I'm not using.

The My Artist's Way Toolkit opened up something interesting to me. Its based off the The Artist's Way book but reconstructed to be a digital workbook to challenge & awaken creative thoughts. It gives you daily & weekly challenges plus an area to record your thoughts & answers. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it every day. I honestly forgot about it a few days because while there is an IPhone app, there is not an android one. I wish this had been different so I could do this on the go. I like the idea of incoorporating makeup artistry into this as well. So often I know I want to be creative & I have the tools but I just don't have a muse. This helps with that issue by making me look at things I wouldn't normally in the makeup realm like cobblestones or a fancy dessert.

Overall, I think its a very inspiring tool. It even has you sign a contract to yourself about opening up your own creative channels. It helped me look back at my childhood, look around the city that's relatively new to me but I haven't taken the time to search, & to make myself take some time out for just this creative process. If you've been feeling a bit blocked, I think this is a great journal type tool that is easy to maneuver & useful to get your brain thinking creatively.

If you're interested in learning more about this tool, I urge you to visit BlogHer's discussion here.

FTC Disclosure: I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review but all opinions expressed are my own.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips