Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: July 2012: My First Beauty Box 5 Review

Friday, August 10, 2012

July 2012: My First Beauty Box 5 Review

When Beauty Box 5 contacted me about reviewing their July box, I said sure. I am kind of a junkie. Its kind of addicting these boxes...what's one more right? Well, here's what I got & my opinions! Get ready for another sample subscription review....

What is Beauty Box 5:
-This is a sample service that charges different amounts allowing you to test it out for $12 a month, pay $30 quarterly (saving $6), or $100 yearly (saving a whopping $44) which I really like. Even monthly it isn't too unreasonable. Its only $2 more than Birchbox or MyGlam which is do-able in my book.

- Samples come in a blue/green colored cardboard box with a drawstring baggie of samples + an info card.

- You receive 4-5 samples a month.


Okay, first off, I think its strange they call it BB5 when the samples are stored in a little drawstring bag with only 4 products this time. Kind of defeats the name no? Maybe that's just me splitting hairs but...I guess I'm spoiled with some other boxes out there lately.

What I got:

-Blinc Mascara 
 I've gotten this before... think twice? It just isn't for me. Its supposed to be water-resistant, no smudge, flake-free, & is a tubing mascara. It just didn't give me the length, volume, or lasting power. I know some people LOVE it though so this isn't a bad sample.

Full size: $26.00 for 0.21 oz   Sample: 0.02 oz which is $2.48

-Curls Gel-les's
 This is an organic curl styler that promises shine, banishment of frizz, & to hold curls in place. I have naturally wavy hair...unfortunately this did absolutely nothing for frizz & my hair isn't even considered frizzy. Bummer.

Full size: $25.00 for 8 oz  Sample: 2 oz which is worth $6.25

-Spongeables Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer
This is an "at home spa experience" with a soft side to cleanse & moisrturize. Flip it over & its a buffer side to exfoliate. I love this. It smells very soapy & clean. Works great. My only request is that it lasts a big longer but for only $2.99 I better just deal.

Full size: $2.99 (one)   Sample: Full sized so it is worth $2.99

-Bodyography Makeup Primer
 This is a really decent sized sample but unfortunately...it just wasn't for me. It made me break out which is actually pretty rare with primers. When I did use it, I didn't notice anything mind-blowing or even all that helpful.
Full size: 1 oz for $30.00  Sample: 0.53oz for $15.90

Box Total: $26.62

So the box total is decent for $12. However, considering I didn't like the makeup primer (reaction or not) it wasn't. That was the bulk of the box cost. Now don't think I'm being too harsh! This month just wasn't for me. I think if I had a few more boxes to try it out, I'd be able to make a more well-rounded decision. Last month, the box looked fabulous & I would have been VERY happy with it. This month just wasn't for me!

What do YOU think of Beauty Box 5? Have you tried it? Interested in trying it? 

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips