Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: 5 Days of OCC Lip Tars: Grandma Review & Swatches

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

5 Days of OCC Lip Tars: Grandma Review & Swatches

Photobucket
I'm super excited about this week for 5 Days of! I currently own 5 Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tars so they fit in perfectly! Today I'm showing you Grandma, a creamy coral. Keep reading to see swatches, on my lips, & my thoughts!
Photobucket
How to Apply: I can't imagine using anything other than a lip brush. Because you only need a pintpoint amount, you need something with lots of control. Even for the lip stain type look I recommend a brush for even distribution. This is one of the few lip colors I trust to apply in the corners without a lipliner because it doesn't smudge around or travel. I first line my lip with the color then pull it to the center. The opposite works just as well.

I seriously have to apologize for my swatches, I could NOT get my camera to cooperate. This is coming off more orange than it actually is & it has quite a bit more pink to it. I just tried & tried & couldn't make this work. I tried color correcting them but imagine them a bit more pink pretty please?

 Photobucket
Photobucket
Top is the small dot needed to swatch. Bottom is the swatch. Color was then applied to lips.

Photobucket
Photobucket
After 1-2 thin layers it is easily opaque. 

Color & Wear: This is definitely a fun color but not something I'd wear everyday. I think this would be a great mixer to spring/summer up a lip color! OCC describes Grandma as a "clean, classic coral" & I think that is spot on!

If your lips are dry, I recommend exfoliating then applying a balm. Let that sink into your lips & then blot it off. Apply your OCC Lip Tar a tiny bit at a time. Less is more & it is ultra-buildable. I love the idea of this shade with heavy mascara & liner this spring for a retro feel. I feel like this is a tangerine based coral.

Purchase: I bought mine from Sephora in a set but this shade is available on its own. OCC Lip Tars retail for $16.00 each. You can also purchase them from the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics website directly.

In case you missed my prior post, check out swatches of  OCC Lip Tar in Vintage!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips