Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: 5 Days of OCC Lip Tars: Pretty Boy Review & Swatches

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

5 Days of OCC Lip Tars: Pretty Boy Review & Swatches

PhotobucketI'm super excited about this week for 5 Days of! I currently own 5 Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tars so they fit in perfectly! Today I'm showing you Pretty Boy, a freakin fantastic fuchsia. Keep reading to see swatches, on my lips, & my thoughts!

Photobucket
How to Apply: I can't imagine using anything other than a lip brush. Because you only need a pintpoint amount, you need something with lots of control. Even for the lip stain type look I recommend a brush for even distribution. This is one of the few lip colors I trust to apply in the corners without a lipliner because it doesn't smudge around or travel. I first line my lip with the color then pull it to the center. The opposite works just as well
Photobucket
Top is the small dot needed to swatch. Bottom is the swatch. Color was then applied to lips.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After 1-2 thin layers it is easily opaque. I didn't do a "stain" photo today because this shade is honestly so pigmented I couldn't get a stain to NOT look opaque!

Color & Wear: I love this shade so very much. I can totally see myself rocking this all spring & summer which is when I usually wear bold pink lips.  OCC describes Pretty Boy as a "Super-rich Fuchsia" & that is definitely a good description. This blue toned fuchsia is simply full of win.

If your lips are dry, I recommend exfoliating then applying a balm. Let that sink into your lips & then blot it off. Apply your OCC Lip Tar a tiny bit at a time. Less is more & it is ultra-buildable. I love the idea of this shade because it isn't as neon as some of the other pinks. I now need a neon pink now though...successful product OCC.

Purchase: I bought mine from Sephora in a set but this shade is available on its own. OCC Lip Tars retail for $16.00 each. You can also purchase them from the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics website directly.

In case you missed my prior post, check out swatches of  OCC Lip Tar in Vintage & Grandma!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips