Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: NEW Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lipsticks Swatches & Review

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NEW Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lipsticks Swatches & Review


Photobucket
When it comes to Spring, I like to rock me some bright lips. Neon lips, off color lips, ridiculously pigmented lips. In the past, I've only stumbled onto a handful of drugstore shades that fit into this category. Maybelline Vivids are something I've been obsessing over since I first read the press release & I'm so incredibly excited to show them to you today!
From Maybelline: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids gets treated to a new technology using neon coated pigments produce Color Sensational’s brightest most vibrant color ever. The end look is intense and bold, but never garish. Color is rich, luscious and bright – and wears for up to four hours! Formula with honey nectar keeps lips feeling smooth, nourished, never dry, chalky or cakey.
Photobucket
Packaging: The packaging on these  is so eyecatching. The Maybelline Color Sensational shades from the core line are just alright & not all that eye catching. These are neon orange & are see through like the old Caboodles. These have a silver base/tube with a sticker label in a coordinating shade. Each label says the shade number & name which I also appreciate.One thing I HATE about these is that you can open them up in the store, they aren't sealed at all. I hate to say this but do open yours & make sure it is untouched.

Photobucket
 Left to right: 860 Pink Pop, 865 Fuchsia Flash, 870 Shocking Coral, 875 Vivid Rose

Photobucket
Left to right: 875 Vivid Rose, 880 Electric Orange, 890 Neon Red, 900 Hot Plum

SWATCHES: Left to right we have 860 Pink Pop, 865 Fuchsia Flash, 870 Shocking Coral, 875 Vivid Rose, 880 Electric Orange, 890 Neon Red, 900 Hot Plum

Photobucket
Photobucket
860 Pink Pop- A bubblegum pink so light & cool it is nearly lilac.

865 Fuchsia Flash- Hot pink fuchsia

870 Shocking Coral- Hot pink leaning coral which my camera reads as neon

875 Vivid Rose- A hot watermelon/strawberry pink

880 Electric Orange- Hot mandarin orange

890 Neon Red- A red so hot it is pretty much orange

900 Hot Plum- Hot pink with a bit of purple...I would have liked to have seen more purple in this though.

Shades: These are definitely super pigmented! With only 2-3 swipes it is totally opaque & incredibly amazing. The shades I have are that great in-between of texture, not classified as moisturizing or drying so it lasts a decent amount of time. These have a creamy finish & don't feel thick at all. I have 7 out of 10 shades & I think I'll go back & snap up the other 3! Note that each shade is so pigmented that it DOES stain, noted it on my hands & my lips. This doesn't bother me personally but I know it is a dealbreaker for some.

Overall: Holy moly ya'll. I think this is a huge step in the drugstore world. First we got awesomely comfortable wearable shades & now ultra-pigmented ones! I don't recommend these for the nude at heart, at least not the shades I got! All of them are nearly neon & bright...in a gorgeous swoon me kind of way. If you love brights or if you want to try a bright neon shade & not spend a ton, snap these up!

I found some at Walgreens, CVS, Shopko, & I think ULTA although the only place they were on sale was at Shopko which I know many of you don't have. I'll definitely be picking up more but I hope to find them on sale! I definitely would compare these to high end bright lipsticks & as long as you don't mind the minor lip staining I think you'll love them!

What do you think? Will you rock these Maybelline Vivid hues? Would you like to see swatches of the other 3 as well? 

UPDATE: I have now reviewed & swatched the last 3 in this line!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips